MGMT3D is seeking a Financial Analyst Intern to be an integral member of the Business Team. The Financial Analyst Intern will work alongside a team of experienced consultants and be responsible for providing data analytics, financial analysis, modeling and business process support in client engagements. This position will gain exposure to investment banks, private equity firms or corporate clients while conducting analysis on buy-side transactions, preparing a business for sale, or implementing and utilizing software to improve a company’s operations.
The responsibilities of the Financial Analyst Intern may include:
• Analyze operational and financial data to provide insights into clients’ business performance
• Assist with client due diligence efforts through financial modeling, analysis and data reviews
• Prepare client slide decks and observe client presentations
• Assist with the review of monthly results and providing summative analysis to management and core business partners
• Support standardization of process flow and documentation
• Gain exposure to software implementations for investment banks, private equity firms, or operating companies
• Partner with internal software development team in product development, testing and refinement of software features and functionality
• Assist in development of operating and long-term plans for clients and internal businesses
Program tenure: 10 weeks during summer session
WHAT IT TAKES
MGMT3D is a rapidly growing consulting firm – we care about results and are all eager to jump in and get our hands dirty. Important competencies to effectively perform this role include:
• Self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision
• Communicates effectively with users/customers & colleagues 2-3 levels up/down and across a range of disciplines, and all levels of management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
• Ability to use data analysis to develop insights and hypothesis vs. reported numbers
• Capable of multi-tasking across projects of varying scope and complexity
• Ability to adapt on the fly
• Able to deal with ambiguity
WHAT YOUR RESUME SHOWS
While we’re looking for some specific experiences and skill-sets, nothing is more important than a strong work-ethic, resilience in the face of change, and a passion for learning and creating. Some of the things you might bring to the role include:
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree – emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Mathematics/Data Analytics
• Juniors and Seniors eligible for consideration
• Self-starter and proven track record of strong communication
• Enjoys teamwork and cultivating relationships
• Strong technical financial skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Access, etc.
MGMT3D is a boutique consulting firm that specializes in strategic M&A advisory and business growth. We combine real-world experience with proprietary software to bring unparalleled value to our clients in private equity, investment banking, portfolio companies and more. We aren’t “consultants” here, we are doers. We take a hands-on approach, integrating with our clients’ teams for buy-side diligence, sell-side preparation and onboarding/management of portfolio companies.
Employees here are an elite group of bright, strategic thinkers. They are encouraged to take the ball and run with it, and there’s no question your individual impact can be felt. Our employees are highly valued on an individual level and are always pushed to grow and continuously move onward and upward in their careers. Here, you’ll be working side-by-side with top-level finance and IT executives, making connections and constantly learning.